October 06, 2022
11 11 11 AM
Breaking News :
FireNews : ‘Billions of dollars get left behind’: The 401(k) industry now has a ‘lost and found’ for your old retirement accounts #FireNews365 FireNews : Macron is a friend, Putin is the foe – Truss #FireNews365 FireNews : Zambian boxer Phiri handed two-year doping ban #FireNews365 FireNews : Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Compass, General Electric, Shell, Pinterest and more #FireNews365 FireNews : Former Uber security chief convicted for concealing a felony #FireNews365 FireNews : Uganda president apologizes to Kenya for son’s ill-advised invasion tweets | CNN #FireNews365 FireNews : Stocks making the biggest moves premarket: Peloton, Shell, Compass and more #FireNews365 FireNews : NI Protocol dispute will not be resolved by 28 October, says Coveney #FireNews365 FireNews : Annie Ernaux: French writer wins Nobel Prize in Literature #FireNews365 FireNews : Nika Shakarami: Iran protester’s family forced to lie about death – source #FireNews365

FireNews : Eight killed in two days after third deadly avalanche hits Austria #FireNews365

Austrian broadcaster ORF said the person killed in Saturday’s avalanche in the municipality of Schmirn, in the state of Tyrol, was a 58-year-old local man.

In the same province, a 42-year-old Austrian mountain and ski guide and four Swedish skiers, all men in their 40s, were killed on Friday when an avalanche near the town of Spiss on the border with Switzerland buried them completely, police said.

Another member of the group, a 43-year-old Swede, was able to phone for help and was rescued, police said.

Two Austrian skiers were killed in a third incident.

Emergency services found the bodies of the two Austrian skiers, a woman aged 61 and a 60-year-old man, at 00:40 a.m. local time on Saturday after their relatives raised the alarm when they could no longer be contacted, police said.

The pair had set out in the Tyrol region on Friday afternoon and the man told a contact by phone at 3:30 p.m. local time that they had reached the 1,868-meter (6,129-feet) Breitegg peak. That was their last contact.

“After they could no longer be reached, relatives made an emergency call at around 9:40 p.m.,” police said in a statement.

Source link